This can also be a Raspberry Marzipan Coffee Cake if you substitute the chocolate chips for 1/2 package (about 8oz size) almond paste, finely chopped.
1. Heat oven to 350. Grease bottom and sides of square pan 9x9x2.
2. Prepare almond streusel - Cut margarine into flour and sugar in medium bowl, using pastry blender until crumbly. Stir in almonds. Set aside.
3. Beat remaining ingredients except chocolate and raspberries in medium bowl with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
4. Spread half of the batter in pan. Sprinkle with half each of the chocolate and streusel, and all the raspberries. Repeat with remaining batter, chocolate and streusel.
5. Bake about 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
1/4 cup firm stick margarine or butter
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup slivered almonds
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup stick margarine or butter
1 cup milk
2 t baking powder
1 t vanilla
1/2 t salt
1 large egg
6 oz chocolate chips (I use mini chips)
1 cup fresh or unsweetened frozen (thawed and drained) raspberries