These are very rich and like a shortbread, but a great way to use those wonderful berries in the summertime! I used 4 pint packages of fresh blackberries.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9 x 13 inch pan.
2. Combine the flour, sugar and salt in a food processor fitted with a metal blade and process until fully combined.
3. Cut the butter into 1/2 inch cubes and add the butter to the flour mixture and process until the butter is evenly distributed, but the mixture is still crumbly.
4. Reserve 1 1/2 cups of the crumb mixture for the topping.
5. Press the remaining crumbs into the bottom of the prepared pan and bake for 12-15 minutes or until it is golden brown. Cool for at least 10 minutes.
6. Whisk the eggs and sugar together in a large bowl, then add the sour cream, flour and salt. Gently fold in the blackberries and spoon mixture over the crust. Sprinkle the reserved crumbs evenly over the top. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until the crust is lightly browned.
Cool for at least 1 hour before cutting.
3 cups flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cups chilled, unsalted butter
4 large eggs
2 cups sugar
1 cup sour cream
3/4 cup flour
Pinch of salt
2 (16 oz.) packages frozen blackberries, or fresh!