These are bursting with flavor!
1) Combine marinade and meat in gallon-size zipper-lock bag; making sure as much air as possible is let out and seal bag. Refrigerate 1 hour or longer, flipping bag after 30 minutes to ensure that meat marinates evenly.
2) When 15 minutes marinating time remains, turn all burners on gas grill to high, close lid, and heat grill until hot, approx. 15 minutes.
3) Remove steak tips from marinade and pat dry with paper towels. Discard marinade. Grill, uncovered, until well seared and dark brown on first side, about 4 minutes (if 1 inch thick, if thinner less time, if thicker more time).
4) Flip steak and grill until second side is well seared and thickest part of meat is slightly less done than desired, 4 to 5 minutes for medium-rare (about 130 degrees on instant-read thermometer), 6 to 8 minutes for medium (about 135 degrees); if exterior of meat is browned but steak is not yet cooked through, move steak to cooler side of grill and continue to grill to desired doneness.
5) Transfer steaks to cutting board; place foil loosely over the meat and let rest 5 minutes.
6) Slice steak thinly on the bias; serve immediately with lime wedges.
Serves 4 to 6.
1 recipe Southwestern marinade (below)
2# sirloin steak tips, trimmed of excess fat
Lime wedges for serving
1/3 c soy sauce
1/3 c vegetable oil
3 medium garlic cloves, minced
1 T brown sugar
1 T tomato paste
1 T chili powder
2 tsp ground cumin
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
Mix well in a small bowl and set aside.