Our good friend Craig Kephart makes an AMAZING BBQ sauce. Thing is (like all good chefs), he doesn't write the recipe down. So the last time we were up for ribs, we wrote it down while he wasn't watching.
1. In a medium saucepan, heat Newcastle over medium-high heat.
2. Add onion and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add lemon juice, vinegar, and brown sugar. Cook for 1 minute.
5. Add rest of the ingredients and cook over medium heat for 35 to 40 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
Serve with country style pork ribs, spare ribs, baby back ribs or your favorite meat or poultry.
2 cups onion
5 cloves of garlic, minced
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons smoke flavoring
1/2 cup molasses
2 tablespoons salt
1/2 cup maple syrup (preferably honey)
dash of chipotle ground pepper
1 teaspoon ground red pepper
1 1/2 tablespoons paprika
1 tablespoon oregano
1 can tomato paste (small)
1 teaspoon hot sauce
1/4 cup mustard
1 12 ounce Newcastle Brown